Friday, August 25, 2006

Welcome to Common Grounds - Good to the Last Drop

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

"Do you have a high chair? I'm sure we can manage if we can use one of your high chairs."

"Before we go, could I trouble you for another glass of water? It's so hard to get water over there where we're staying."

"Do you all want to go to the picnic? Be here at 10:00 and you can have a ride. They told me they had room for our car seats."

"Here's a hamburger I had left on my plate. Give it to someone who hasn't had dinner yet. I'm sure it's OK."

"I'll be in your Sunday School Class next year."

"I'm Secretary of the Honor Society!"

"Can we help you with your children? We can take them to the nursery to play, so you can have a break."

"At this time I'd like Theodore to come up. He has asked to renew the vows of his baptism. He has made positive changes in his life and wants to reaffirm his faith and his desire to follow Jesus Christ."

"Is there a rest room here I could use?"

"There are Prayer Request Cards on the tables. If you have any joys or concerns, please write them on the cards, and someone will be around to pick them up so we can include them as we pray tonight."

"We're so glad you came and brought your children. Please come back again."

"I didn't get lunch today, but I knew it would be OK, cause I could come here tonight for dinner."

"Please pray that my family can get back together again."

"I really like that hat you're wearing."

"You are a unique and precious gem....and remember, God don't make no junk."

"Please pray for ______________. He's been clean and sober for two weeks."

"I think I might just come back next week. Can I bring somone else with me?"

"Thank you, Lord, for bringing us here together, to worship You."

Amen!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me.'
(Matthew 25:40)

Great post! And great blog!

Anonymous said...

Psalm 91
You who live in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty,
will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust.”
For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence;
he will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
You will not fear the terror of the night, or the arrow that flies by day,
or the pestilence that stalks in darkness, or the destruction that wastes at noonday.
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
You will only look with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
Because you have made the Lord your refuge, the Most High your dwelling place,
no evil shall befall you, no scourge come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
On their hands they will bear you up, so that you will not dash your foot against a stone.
You will tread on the lion and the adder, the young lion and the serpent you will trample under foot.
Those who love me, I will deliver; I will protect those who know my name.
When they call to me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue them and honor them.
With long life I will satisfy them, and show them my salvation.
Psalm 91

Kim said...

Psalm 91, for Fred, I imagine.

Carol said...

I'm so glad when God has other ideas from our own. But I'm especially glad when we follow God's leading so that we can reach out to God's children in a real and loving way.